Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIP: Zig Zag Quilt & Mitered Cardi

This past weekend, I made so much progress, but alas, I did not finish the quilt.

I do have the quilt sandwich ready to go, and am strongly considering a straightforward quilt-job instead of FMQ'ing.  See, the sewing machine shop sold me a FMQ'ing foot for my new machine (more on that later), but I could not for the life of me figure out how to install it.  I don't think it actually fits my machine.  So, I'll go check on that sometime this week.  In the meantime, here's my progress!

I finished piecing the top...


Added a border and pin-basted it to the batting and back...


All I need to do now is quilt!

As for the second Mitered Detail Cardi, here's where I'm at...


I've got to sew the side seams, knit one more sleeve, and add the edging!  So close!

P.S. If you haven't already entered, there's a giveaway in the previous post!  Feel free to enter and win a quilted fabric pouch.

5 comments:

ejorpin said...

That quilt! Love the colour graduation, it's gorgeous!

adriprints said...

Thank you! I'm very excited about it, and hope the baby enjoys it. I hand-basted it yesterday and am now ready to quilt the quilt sandwich! :D

Amanda said...

That quilt (sandwich) is freaking gorgeous, Adri. Maybe consider using it as nursery wall art instead of letting the baby puke on it :)

adriprints said...

Thanks, Amanda! I may very well do both. Truth be told, I'm excited for him to puke on it! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Adri, I absolutely Love the Zig Zag Quilt! The Pattern & Color is simply gorgeous!

Ale