Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pretty Pretty Prince Charming

I ordered some goodies when my dear was in the U.S. so that we could cut the cost of shipping for our families.  He brought them back and it was so much fun unwrapping all the items!  My favorite is the fabric bundle from Free Spirit designer Tula Pink, a line of fabric called "Prince Charming" that includes some really beautiful illustrations and pattern repeats.

Check 'em out!

fat quarter bundle, marking tools, and new seam ripper!

such beautiful pattern design!!

And in Starlet Suit Jacket news, I've practically finished the body!  I just need to attach the sleeves.  For today's post, I wanted to feature some of the hand-tailoring from the course.  I decided to go with hand-tailoring for the collar and was pleased with the results.  My collar stands up all on it's own after the pad-stitching with just thread and hair canvas, and that was even before steaming it!

pattern pieces in wool and in hair canvas
collar before steaming

there's pad-stitching!

little hammie wearing my collar
Happy Crafting!